Fields marked with * are required
I’m very happy to be a stop on the blog tour for the short story collection of ONE LUCKY NIGHT. There are five authors involved with this collection, and I got to interview one of them, Grace Teague.
1. What do you write? A: Right now I’m writing romance, but I’ve also dabbled in horror and I guess what would be considered melodrama. My spouse jokes that I can’t write a story without tones of tragedy seeping in; I start out with the a light premise and suddenly somebody’s stricken with a fatal disease. That doesn’t happen in “Lucky Star,” but we do have an early brush with death when the main character escapes a mugging.
2. What prompted you to start writing novels? A: Fear of death. My mom tells this story that when I was in first grade I told her I wanted to write so when I died, my thoughts would live on. I was a morbid little kid.
3. What is the one writing tip you’d like to pass on to other writers? A: When you’re stuck, keep writing. The only cure for a block is to write through it, even if you work on the project that’s not vexing you.
4. What was your writing journey (accepted by a publisher on first try, many rejections, got an agent, no agent, etc.) A: I worked at a newspaper and then dedicated myself to fiction. I’ve been rejected more times than I’d like to discuss. One Lucky Night, will be my first published fiction piece. I owe my shot to Ana Blaze, because she believes in my work and asked me to be part of her anthology.
5. Give us a little sneak preview/sample of your book and tell us how we can get it! Give your social media contacts, etc. A: Someone stepped out of the alley and fell in right behind her. Even though she’d made the walk from her bus stop to her apartment hundreds of times, a prickle of dread skated up her spine. Charlotte burrowed deeper into her winter coat and held her messenger bag closer to her body to let whoever it was pass. The snowy street was dark and relatively empty. There was no need for the stranger to be walking so near. It was almost like she was being followed.
Charlotte whipped around, bringing her face to face with a man who was about to change her life. She thought he had an ageless look junkies sometimes got; with his pock-marked, salmon-colored skin and thinning blond hair, he might have been anywhere between nineteen and forty. His barely there eyebrows hopped up his forehead and he yanked a black gun out of the inside of his open bomber jacket.
“Give me your bag.”
She froze, several thoughts cramming into her consciousness at the same time. Her laptop was in her messenger bag, she couldn’t afford another one but at least her notes were on the shared drive, so the past year of experiments she’d been conducting wouldn’t be in vain, the man in front of her was wearing a James Taylor t-shirt, which couldn’t have been weirder, he was going to kill her, her mother would not recover, she’d live alone in the old Victorian house where Charlotte grew up, collecting cats, Charlotte’s funeral would be sad, Tommy would never know how much she loved him.
She was in love with Tommy Leung and neither of them would ever figure out what that could mean.
Social Media Contacts:
Fast five questions:
1. Favorite vacation spot
2. Fav ice cream flavor
3. Fav color
4. Fav animal
5. Fav movie
A toss up between The Graduate and The Piano.
Thanks so much, Grace! And here’s more info about the book:
One night can change everything…
The crew at Boston’s Brazen Head Pub hasn’t been very lucky in love. Can a mysterious visitor inspire them to look past old hurts and misconceptions and give romance a chance? One Lucky Night is a collection of five sexy interwoven novelettes by Aria Kane, Grace Teague, Ana Blaze, Constance Phillips, and Melinda Dozier.
Lucky Break by Aria Kane
Four years ago, chef Derek Chase walked out of Andrea Rivera’s life after a tragedy neither of them were prepared to deal with. When she’s called to the Brazen Head to repair a dishwasher, old sparks ignite buried feelings.
Lucky Star by Grace Teague
When her life is threatened by a mugger, Charlotte Price realizes she’s in love with her best friend, Tommy Leung. The Brazen Head seems like the perfect neutral place to confess her feelings, but nothing goes according to plan.
A New Tune by Ana Blaze
When it comes to dating, Holly Hall has one unbreakable rule: no musicians. Not even gorgeous ones. Especially not gorgeous ones. Dating them only leads to heartbreak. So why did she let singer-songwriter Cian O’Neill kiss her? And why is she thinking about doing it again?
Lexi’s Chance by Constance Phillips
As a bartender, Sean Whelan meets all kinds of women every night, but none turn his head the way that Lexi has. She’s been playing cat and mouse with him for weeks. Tonight, Sean’s determined to get Lexi to quit teasing and take a real chance on him.
Drink or Dare by Melinda Dozier
A bachelorette party Drink or Dare game pairs paramedic students, Rachel Robertson and Killian Whelan, in a flirting match. Soon, the dares threaten to turn their academic rivalry into something much more.
Other retailers: http://www.ariakane.com/p/one-lucky-night.html
Check out the book trailer!
About the Authors
Aria Kane is a recovering mechanical engineer and romance writer. As a military brat, she grew up all over the country, but now lives in sunny Florida with a 60 lb mutt who thinks he’s a chihuahua.
Grace Teague lives in Pittsburgh with her spouse, children and a cat named Mr. Sushi.
Ana Blaze lives near Washington DC with her charming husband and three cats who firmly believe they are royalty. Ana is a member of Romance Writers of America.
Constance Phillips lives in Ohio with her husband, two ready-to-leave-the-nest children, and four canine kids. Her perfect fantasy vacation would involve hunting Dracula across Europe with her daughter, who also digs that kind of stuff.
Melinda Dozier teaches English to middle schoolers by day and writes at night. She lives in Guatemala, Central America with her college sweetheart and three sons.
The authors are giving away two Amazon Giftcards!
Fields marked with * are required