Fields marked with * are required
Hi all! Some people have been asking me lately what I’m reading, so I thought I’d give you the latest list of books I’ve been “devouring”. (Devouring because, as you’ll remember, books are like nourishment to me!)
Well, believe it or not, I just found Amazon’s Audible for the first time during these past few months. So I’ve been reading a lot more than usual since I can listen to books while I drive.
So here’s what’s been in my stack of books over the last few months:
1. Ready Player One (oh my gosh, this is my favorite read of the year! Currently reading this on Audible. I’m not finished with with it…currently on chapter 28, but I’m so in love with it! Can’t wait to read Ernest Cline’s latest book that just released this year.)
2. Legend by Marie Lu (also currently reading this on Kindle. Interesting book. Not my top dystopian read for the year, but still good.)
On My List to Read Soon:
3. What I have on pre-order: my good friend Marissa Meyer’s 4th book in the Lunar Chronicles that comes out Nov 10th! I’m going to her book release party on Tues, and I can’t wait to start reading the ebook copy of Winter when it gets delivered to my kindle next week!
Read in the Last Couple of Months:
4. I’ve been loving Rainbow Rowell’s books, and in the last couple months listened to Fangirl, which is my second fav read of the year and Eleanor & Park. I thought the latter was a bit too long, but still great read. I’m looking forward to reading Rowell’s latest book, Carry On, which is a Harry Potter fan fiction and is a spinoff of the Fangirl book.
5. A Fall of Marigolds by Susan Meissner. Great book. Not something I would have chosen on my own, but I read it for a neighborhood book club. Ended up crying, loving it. The book was a tribute to 9/11 and brought up a lot of memories, but it was very well written. Good read if you don’t mind getting emotional.
6. This Shattered World: A Starbound Book. Love this series. Really cool sci-fi space opera from Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner, two ladies that were part of my Washington, D.C. Authors club. And this was the first book I listened to on Audible!
7. James Dashner’s Maze Runner books (finished the series this year with The Scorch Trials and The Death Cure). Not my all-time fav of the dystopian genre, but I really liked them.
8. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot by David Shafer and Lila by Marilynne Robinson. Both book club books. I had a hard time getting through these, but a lot of other people in the book club loved them. They weren’t my typical YA reads, so maybe it was just a personal preference thing. Both were well-written.
9, Gillian Flynn’s Dark Places. Didn’t love it nearly as much as Gone Girl. But if you want some thriller scary stuff, it’s a decent read.
What I’ve Read and Liked Earlier This Year:
10. Viv Daniels’ Hear Me. Great romance, especially fun to read around the winter holidays. I read this pretty much a year ago. Fast and fun!
11. Fairest by Marissa Meyer. A Lunar Chronicles spin off. Loved it! But, I love everything that Marissa writes, so I wasn’t surprised I ate this one up fast!
12. Same goes for Viv Daniels’ other book Island Escape. Fun, flirty, romance book set on a deserted island. Great beach read!
I’m going to try a sample of The Martian. I also want to read Ernest Cline’s next book, and Rainbow Rowell’s. But with Marissa Meyers’ Winter coming on Tues, I think I’ll be all full on reading for the next couple of weeks.
Feel free to recommend anything you loved reading recently in the comments below. I’m always up for recommendations!
Fields marked with * are required